To enhance the lifelong professional development of doctoral students and postdoctoral trainees at the University of Pittsburgh.
Academic centers continue to serve as the primary source of career support for graduate students; however, this center has been established to leverage institutional resources to meet the career development needs of doctoral students and postdoctoral trainees across all schools.
This site is an online collection of professional development events and resources crowdsourced from the University of Pittsburgh community. Primary features of this site are:
- Calendar of Professional Development EVENTS
- Listing of Professional Development RESOURCES
- Guidance on How to Develop a Career Development Plan (CDP)
Events and Resources are organized by:
- A Developmental Approach to Professional Training (ADAPT ™) Stages
- A framework designed to help you align your professional development efforts with your appropriate stage of advanced training
- A Range of Recommended Skill Development
Common skill topics that apply across schools and disciplines
Graduate Students and Postdocs
To get started:
Click on the ADAPT ™ tab on the main menu to visit the ADAPT Overview page
Browse each stage to familiarize yourself with this model
View the Calendar of Events sorted by ADAPT and Professional Development Topics
Visit the Resources Overview page to see corresponding ADAPT resources
Click on the CDP tab on the main menu to learn how to map and track your career development
Career development services have been available to trainees in the Schools of the Health Sciences since 2002 through the Office of Academic Career Development. The Center for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Career Development was created within the Office of Academic Career Development to expand these services to trainees university-wide.